Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Movie Review: Star Trek

Star Trek!!! I never was one of those crazy Trekkies but I must say that this reincarnation of the quite "ancient" series has me understanding why people got so pumped for the series. I was seriously impressed with the new movie. So much so that I am already excited for sequels. The movie was intense but light with plenty of laughs and is exactly what I would expect a Star Trek movie to be. The story is strong and has made changes so that the original series and movies existed in their own time and without spoiling too much, the new movie changes the future so the series can take a new path and these "new" characters can go their own direction without being tied down to the older plot and story lines. Thank you JJ Abrams for rejuvenating this frachise. Go see it if you haven't already!

No comments:

Post a Comment